Affinity Electrical Technologies was founded by Brendan Read in 1999 at the age of 23. With an office set up from his home, 1 van, 2 staff and no contracts Brendan worked tirelessly to achieve success and landed his first major installation project in 2000 for the Bowral Ambulance Station.
From here, he relocated his office to a rented commercial space from the ACT Government in Fairfax St O’connor. With Brendans strong work ethics and eye for detail in his workmanship he proceeded to win him contracts in various areas including clients such as ACT Housing in 2001 to which he is still contracted to presently. This is a testament to his character and reputation with his various business associates and clients.
Design and innovation have been key roles in completing work in and around the Canberra region as well as interstate and include the following:
- 2002 - Bega Court landscape lights
- 2003 - Hobart Place
- 2004 - completed his first street lighting contract
- 2006 - Won the National Film and Sound Archive electrical contract.
- 2007 - Won the Spotless Defence contract
Brendans commitment and hard work was the process which saw him and the company he founded grow from strength to strength. With the continued growth of the business, the office was relocated to it’s current location of 53 Grimwade Street in Mitchell in 2008. This move saw the business continue to grow and a major office refurbishment was necessary in 2012 to accommodate additional administrative staff.
Other major projects taking pride for Affinity Electrical work portfolio are:
- 2010 - Advisory Board was implemented
- 2011 - Awarded the National ATO Contract
- 2010-2013 - Won DEEWR, Department of Finance and Parliament House electrical maintenance
- 2013 - Completion of Manuka Oval Lighting Towers in January
From humble beginnings 15 years ago, Affinity Electrical now has 57 employees which includes 24 vans and 41 tradesman and apprentices. Brendan and all the staff are proud of the companies hard work and achievements.