ACADEMY OF SCIENCE
Affinity Electrical Technologies was recently engaged by the Australian Academy of Science for the design, and installation of external LED lighting services. To ensure the design and overall lighting effect exceeded the client’s needs and expectations, multiply LED light fittings and controls were considered. On confirming the most suitable light fittings for this project, all control cabling and LED light fittings were installed.
Installation however had to overcome such issues as:
- Maintaining the Heritage status of the facility
- Trying to conceal all external cabling and cable enclosures
- Removal and make safe of existing lighting services
- Installation of lights and cabling within water
- Positioning of required control switchboard.
As you can see from the photos taken during the lighting up of the Shine Dome, the overall result has given one of Canberra’s most familiar buildings a new magical appearance.